In conjunction with the Centerville City School athletic philosophy, the Centerville Girls Cross Country team will develop and promote:
* the unique opportunity to participate in a sport that offers both individual and team challenges.
* training that is designed to prepare the student athlete not only for the physical requirements but the mental toughness to be successful.
* individual goal setting that allows for personal achievement based on talent, commitment, and desire.
* knowledge of an appropriate training program, proper nutrition, suitable gear, and injury prevention-essential components of a successful life-long runner.
* characteristics of a model student athlete including respect, integrity, sportsmanship, self-confidence, leadership, team loyalty, and Elk pride.